Welcome to week 13 of 37. Students have been working so hard to prepare for their Christmas concert and Art Show! Please make sure to read all emails from Mrs. Brumley, or view this week's schedule (in assignment book), for details. Please encourage your children as they are busy winding up the trimester with two very fun, work-filled weeks! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go!
Service Project: Students finished their Greeting cards (<link) for Meals on Wheels. We look forward to our upcoming work with NWCO in the coming trimester. We will need much parent help (drivers/chaperones). Be looking for dates/times, and the volunteer email to be sent in the coming weeks.
Let's make week 13 a great one!
Dec 08 - Last day to participate in the Take Action INC backpack food drive.
Dec 09 - Chorale Christmas Concert 7 Canceled
Dec 13 - Preliminary in-class competition for National Geo School Bee.
Dec 13 - Band Concert (7:00 pm)
Dec 15 - Christmas Party
Dec 16 - Jan 02 - No School (Christmas Break)
Jan 03 - Start of 2nd Trimester
Jan 06 - Report cards emailed
Following is the classroom-context of our week:
Bible: Purposeful Design. Finish Joseph unit. Test Thursday 12/8.
MV: Genesis 50:20 Test Thursday 12/8
Math: Cont. Go Math Chapter 2. Math practice and helps: Think Central (our new math program
online), and Khan Academy.
Soc. St.: Ancient Egypt unit. Prepare for Trading Card Project/contract. Gather resources.
Science: Begin Light and Sound unit.
- Reading: Treasures. Tall Tales. cont. Davy Crockett. (Book report not introduced last week. Moving it to a new date.) Gifts for Reading Buddies: We will be exchanging gifts with our Reading Buddies in 1st grade at our Reading Buddy on Friday, 12/09. Gifts should either be handmade or less than $5 total if store-bought.
- Writing: Six Traits of Writing: Word Choice. Intro to Dress Ups and Sentence Openers.
- Spelling: Continue Unit 7. Quizzes and tests given during the week.
- Vocabulary: Topic Word List: from Math and Reading.
- Grammar: Easy Grammar for 5th Grade. New focus will be adverbs and adjectives.
- Penmanship: Handwriting Without Tears.
Music: Christmas Concert this week! Busy schedule!
Art Ed.: With Mrs. Bate.
Please feel free to view "Class Website" < click link for updates. For information pertaining to WHCS, please remember to click the following link >"school website."Correction Forms can be found on the Resources and Study Guides page on the classroom website, or click the link to print: "Correction forms" <link. If you have not yet seen the Corrections forms, please remind your children that they are capable to choose any assignment, do corrections, and improve their grade points.
*There may be some modifications to the schedule during the week, depending on student needs/tempo. We will work on classroom expectations throughout the week. As always, I will email important updates to you as they arise.
**Photos of your child's textbooks are found in "5P Curriculum" on My Website. <click link
*A copy of "Dress Up and Sentence Openers" strategies can be found in "Resources and Study Guides"
Please remember to check for updates on the my classroom website. Thank you.