Welcome to week 20 of 37. It has been a weather-filled winter, with many unpredictable school days. Our hope is to enjoy a full-week of school, and to do our best each day. Let's make February 6-10 a great week!
Feb 07 - Oregon Children's Symphony (10:15 a.m.-12:15)
Feb 10 - Hoop A Thon Assembly
Feb 17 - Patriotic Party
Feb 20 - No School
Feb 24 - All School Prayer Night
Mar 03 - Hoop-a-thon
Following is the classroom-context of our week:
Bible: Finish lesson 7. Test 2/6 (note date change).
MV: Hebrews 10: 11-12 MV quiz 2/6 (note date change)
Math: Continue Chapter 3.
Math practice and helps: Think Central, and Khan Academy.
SS: Begin new Unit: Ancient Israel.
- Reading: Realistic Fiction unit. Begin reading groups as scheduled.
- Read aloud: Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy.
- Writing: Introduce the writing element to student book reports. Due date March 10. Students will learn the requirements (in class), for the 5th grade book report. These requirements will be addressed this week, in class . Students should work at home on the editing (parent help), and typing/printing up the final drafts. However, students will work on the reports at school during Writing class, as well.
- Spelling: Finish unit 10. Dictation Test to follow.
- Grammar: Predicate Adjectives, adverbs continued.
- Penmanship: Continue Handwriting Without Tears.
Specials: Regular Schedule
Service Project: We are looking at our schedule to plan our upcoming work with NWCO for the Spring trimester. We will need much parent help (drivers/chaperones). Be looking for dates/times, and the volunteer email to be sent in the coming weeks.
Please feel free to view "Class Website" < click link for updates. For information pertaining to WHCS, please remember to click the following link >"school website."Correction Forms can be found on the Resources and Study Guides page on the classroom website, or click the link to print > "Correction forms" <link. If you have not yet seen the Corrections forms, please remind your children that they are capable to choose any assignment, do corrections, and improve their grade points.
*There may be some modifications to the schedule during the week, depending on student needs/tempo. We will work on classroom expectations throughout the week. As always, I will email important updates to you as they arise.
**Photos of your child's textbooks are found in "5P Curriculum" on My Website. <click link
*A copy of "Dress Up and Sentence Openers" strategies can be found in "Resources and Study Guides"
Please remember to check for updates on the my classroom website. Thank you.