Welcome to week 30/37 of the 2016-2017 school year.
We will continue reviewing ideas about "Growth Mindset" Interested? View the short video at Growth Mindset for Parents <link. Feel free to ask your child about some of the ideas they are reviewing. Ask them, what is a "Yeti? "
Let's continue our enthusiastic trend and make week 30 an excellent one.
Apr 24 - ACSI Bible Test for 5th Grade
Apr 25 - Lion King After School Rehearsal (3:05-5:00)
Apr 27 - Lion King Dress/Photos After School Rehearsal (3:05-5:00)
Apr 28 - Lion King Assembly (8:30-9:15); Lion King Musical (7-8 pm)
May 10 - Progress Reports Emailed
May 24 - Proulx Class Chapel.
Following is the classroom-context of our week:
Bible: Lesson 21. David Sins Test Wed. 4/26 Begin Lesson 22: Absalom Rebels...
MV: Psalm 51:10 (<link) Quiz Wed. 4/26 New verse: Hebrews 3:12.
Math: Chapter 5. Dividing Decimals. Test 5 Monday (note date change). Math practice
and helps: Think Central and Khan Academy.
SS: Finish Byzantine Empire. Test Thursday.
Sci: Energy work and Simple Machines.
- Reading: Work on story board. Final due on, or before, 5/01/2017. Presentations to begin 5/01.
- Read Aloud: Continue Crispin: The Cross of Lead
- Writing: Begin to type up final drafts, cut and glue, and finish Storyboards: due date 5/1. Begin intro to Final Middle Ages Research Report. Begin research 5/1.
- Spelling: Take Home Task 22
- Grammar: Continue Punctuation Unit.
- Specials: Regular Schedule
- For added help, read below the line, and feel free to click any link to get to our classroom website, the school website, and/or print
Please feel free to view "Class Website" < click link for updates. For information pertaining to WHCS, please remember to click the following link >"school website."Correction Forms can be found on the Resources and Study Guides page on the classroom website, or click the link to print > "Correction forms" <link. If you have not yet seen the Corrections forms, please remind your children that they are capable to choose any assignment, do corrections, and improve their grade points.
*There may be some modifications to the schedule during the week, depending on student needs/tempo. We will work on classroom expectations throughout the week. As always, I will email important updates to you as they arise.
**Photos of your child's textbooks are found in "5P Curriculum" on My Website. <click link
*A copy of "Dress Up and Sentence Openers" strategies can be found in "Resources and Study Guides"
Please remember to check for updates on the my classroom website. Thank you.